our story

We welcomed our second daughter Annabelle on February 18, 2012, a week before her due date. That same day, the pediatrician felt a click in her right hip ...

... it was never felt again. An x-ray the same day showed nothing, so we weren't too concerned. We had a follow-up ultrasound when she was 6 weeks old, and it showed that *BOTH* of her hips are dislocated. (a condition called Develomental Dysplasia of the Hip or DDH)

Monday, July 9, 2012

Babywearing with the Rhino Cruiser, part 2

I had posted earlier that the Ergo carrier worked well with the Rhino.  I've worn Annabelle in it a few times with her brace, and she sometimes will tolerate it, and other times won't.  It's really touch and go.  It's not quite wide enough for her leg span, and I think it sometimes cuts into her legs and makes her uncomfortable.

I found my ring sling, and decided to try her in that.  It's not the ideal carrier for long term wearing, but it worked well with her brace, I used a hip carry similar to how I carried Charlotte when she was ~10 months old.  Annabelle did well in it - I think we'll try this one again!



It's a double-layer Solarveil ring sling from Baby So Smart.  The lint is courtesy of me washing it with a load of towels and accidentally drying it.  This sling is awesome, I bought it for Charlotte specifically to wear her in the pool or shower.  You can scrub a baby right through the fabric with soap!  It also has some UV protection.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment