our story

We welcomed our second daughter Annabelle on February 18, 2012, a week before her due date. That same day, the pediatrician felt a click in her right hip ...

... it was never felt again. An x-ray the same day showed nothing, so we weren't too concerned. We had a follow-up ultrasound when she was 6 weeks old, and it showed that *BOTH* of her hips are dislocated. (a condition called Develomental Dysplasia of the Hip or DDH)

Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's feeling real.

I've largely been in denial.  I have moments where I freak out about Annabelle's upcoming surgery, and then they're over.  It was too far away to really freak out about.

Then September hit. 

Then October hit. 

But we still had my cousin Jill's wedding to get through, as her surgery isn't until after the wedding.

The wedding is now over.  I'm packing my bag for the hospital and I'm starting to freak out.  I'm packing teeny tiny t-shirts that I've collected over the last 5 months that she will (hopefully) be able to wear over her cast. 
I'm playing with her tiny legs, savoring her chubby little thighs knowing they'll be out of commission for 6 weeks.

Praying she's not going to be in much pain.  Praying all goes well and this is the last surgery she has to endure.  Praying for peace for myself.  Praying for the doctors and nurses who will care for my little girl. 
Praying ......

No comments:

Post a Comment