our story

We welcomed our second daughter Annabelle on February 18, 2012, a week before her due date. That same day, the pediatrician felt a click in her right hip ...

... it was never felt again. An x-ray the same day showed nothing, so we weren't too concerned. We had a follow-up ultrasound when she was 6 weeks old, and it showed that *BOTH* of her hips are dislocated. (a condition called Develomental Dysplasia of the Hip or DDH)

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

we are home!

I'm glad to be home with my baby but a bit nervous to learn how to take care of her at home ... at the hospital everything is a bit more adapted to her ... at home, we have to figure out what works!

Annabelle is doing well now, she is still in some pain but we're trying to keep on top of it ... she's nursing well, and she ate babyfood this morning as eagerly as she always does.  She's back to smiling frequently, but is definitely more subdued.  She wants her mama all the time ... 

Good morning, beautiful
Morning smiles

attempted tummy time

Meet the Spica
playing with daddy
going home!
Yes, I did match her dress to her cast, I had bought this
dress before her attempted closed reduction as her
"Going Home outfit"
Photo with daddy!
Riding home!  Her new rented Britax Hippo carseat ...
She looks uncomfortable,
but she actually slept the whole way home





1 comment:

  1. Can you tell me how long you rented the car seat throughout her journey?
    My son just came out of the PH and soon will go into the RCruiser. I am concerned with travel as we travel a lot. Did you need the car seat with the rhino or just spica?

    I have spent the day just beside myself at what’s to come after our appointment today. I found your blog and it’s really given me the strength i need to just pick myself up and face this. I know God is so good and faithful. You were a blessing to my mommy heart today. I am so glad your little one is doing so good!

    ReplyDelete