our story

We welcomed our second daughter Annabelle on February 18, 2012, a week before her due date. That same day, the pediatrician felt a click in her right hip ...

... it was never felt again. An x-ray the same day showed nothing, so we weren't too concerned. We had a follow-up ultrasound when she was 6 weeks old, and it showed that *BOTH* of her hips are dislocated. (a condition called Develomental Dysplasia of the Hip or DDH)

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day Three.

I don't plan on writing daily, but I figure if it's therapeutic, why not?
I'm planning to post some informative posts - both about DDH and about baby care with the Pavlik Harness. I figure if my experience can help another family, then it's definitely worth my while.

Today was a lot better than yesterday. Annabelle slept well last night - six hours uninterrupted, followed by another two with me.
We had to do three onesie changes today, which are getting faster and a little less stressful, except for the one tonight where her onesie had poop on it. Dragging a poop covered onesie up her back and through her harness was no easy task - and she sure didn't appreciate the efforts.

She seems a little more content today, so that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment