our story

We welcomed our second daughter Annabelle on February 18, 2012, a week before her due date. That same day, the pediatrician felt a click in her right hip ...

... it was never felt again. An x-ray the same day showed nothing, so we weren't too concerned. We had a follow-up ultrasound when she was 6 weeks old, and it showed that *BOTH* of her hips are dislocated. (a condition called Develomental Dysplasia of the Hip or DDH)

Friday, May 4, 2012

Cloth diapering with the PH, part 2

Annabelle has been out of her newborn diapers for almost two weeks now, and I've gathered a bit more data/opinion on different diapers with the PH.

Prefolds: feasible. No more a pain to put on with or without the PH. Not my favorite diaper option, but I tried it for blogging sake.

Contours - same as prefolds.

Fitteds - this is actually becoming my favorite option. Most of the fitteds that I'm using right now are the Muttaqin baby 3SR one size fitteds, and occasionally a KL0. The Mutts are more absorbent, and with a busy mama with a toddler and newborn, as well as Annabelle sleeping longer stretches, the Mutts are currently my fave. Especially because Annabelle has only been pooping twice a day with a few tiny ones in between. The extra elastic & gussets are NECESSARY!!!

Pockets/AIOs - a nice friendly option as always, but I've had more leaking issues because of gapping at the legs due to the angle that her hips have to be in the PH. Not always, but more than normal. I have mostly Bumgenius pocket diapers, a few BG AIOs, and my new favorite pocket diaper: the Rumparooz. RaR are WONDERFUL in that they have double gussets in their diapers. Sooo essential for NB poo.

Snaps vs. Aplix: Definitely prefer snaps since they don't drag across her skin. However, I've found with using fitteds/covers, if I pull the tabs of the aplix cover through the harness at the same time as the fitted and hold the aplix against the fitted, it protects her skin. A little more tedious, but better for my little girl. (I hope that makes sense!)

No comments:

Post a Comment