our story

We welcomed our second daughter Annabelle on February 18, 2012, a week before her due date. That same day, the pediatrician felt a click in her right hip ...

... it was never felt again. An x-ray the same day showed nothing, so we weren't too concerned. We had a follow-up ultrasound when she was 6 weeks old, and it showed that *BOTH* of her hips are dislocated. (a condition called Develomental Dysplasia of the Hip or DDH)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

hope?

I wasn't going to do it.

But I did.

This morning on the way to work, I was thinking about Annabelle's upcoming cast placement and surgery, and I had a fleeting thought ... what if we go Thursday and the Rhino cruiser WORKED? What if all this stress and anxiety and preparation has been for nothing?

What if?

The chances of that happening are so small, I have gone forward with the expectation of the cast. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than have my hopes dashed when we see Dr Olney for her re-ultrasound.

I wasn't going to hope ... but I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment