our story

We welcomed our second daughter Annabelle on February 18, 2012, a week before her due date. That same day, the pediatrician felt a click in her right hip ...

... it was never felt again. An x-ray the same day showed nothing, so we weren't too concerned. We had a follow-up ultrasound when she was 6 weeks old, and it showed that *BOTH* of her hips are dislocated. (a condition called Develomental Dysplasia of the Hip or DDH)

Sunday, May 6, 2012

I should be anxious, and I'm not. (not a lot)

(this is a religious post)

Tomorrow morning we go back to see Dr. Olney to determine the next step in Annabelle's treatment...
Our ultrasound is scheduled for 7:30am (ugh, ugh, double ugh), and then we see the orthopedic Dr afterwards. 
I feel like I should be more anxious, and I'm sure I will be in the morning, but for now ... I'm just indifferent.  Calm, almost.  I've been praying about this.  A LOT.  Today, my devotional even spoke about fear, and how we should not fear and give all our troubles to God.  That's the mindset I've adopted over the past couple weeks.  I keep feeling like He's telling me to breathe; relax; He's got this.  I don't need to worry, I need to have faith in Him.  I feel like this is a test of faith He's thrown at me - to bring me back into trusting Him. 
I've witnessed/heard of a lot of things as of late that have made me truly thankful for my beautiful HEALTHY baby that is snoozing on my lap right now.  She's a healthy girl with a hip condition.  But she's healthy.  I'm so grateful and thankful for that.  I'm blessed beyond words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment