our story

We welcomed our second daughter Annabelle on February 18, 2012, a week before her due date. That same day, the pediatrician felt a click in her right hip ...

... it was never felt again. An x-ray the same day showed nothing, so we weren't too concerned. We had a follow-up ultrasound when she was 6 weeks old, and it showed that *BOTH* of her hips are dislocated. (a condition called Develomental Dysplasia of the Hip or DDH)

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

safe

turn up your sound, click this, and listen while you read (right click to open in a new window)

I had to go to work this morning for a class, and I was listening to K-Love, as I always do when driving.

A song was playing that calmed me, soothed me, and terrified me. I was sobbing by the end, and almost had to pull off the road.

In five days, I will be leaving my baby in the hands of doctors and nurses and praying all goes well. I will walk her to a door, and hand her over. The door will close, and I won't be there with her. Her life will be in their hands.

The lyrics to the song reminded me that both I, and my baby girl will be safe. God will keep her safe.
I imagined singing in my head to her before she goes back:

"You're not alone. You will be safe in His arms, You will be safe in His arms, the hands that hold the world are holding your heart, this is the promise He made, He will be with you always, when everything is falling apart, You will be safe in His arms."

The same goes for me as I am probably pacing the waiting room ...

I think the anxiety of the looming day is worse than the actual day will probably be.

I'm trying to be calm. But I'm scared to death.

1 Peter 5:7 (NIV) Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

1 comment:

  1. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

    Hang in there:) - Cara

    ReplyDelete